Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
A lot has happened in the past few weeks. The Coronavirus outbreak has changed the way we live our lives. You might be working from home, not working because you have to look after your children or you may be a key worker. You may well be feeling anxious or uncertain about what’s coming next. It’s important to stay positive and focus on the things you can influence such as the government rules and maintaining a healthy body and mind.
Exercise is an important way of keeping you healthy, strong and happy.
When am I allowed to leave the house?
You should only leave the house for very limited purposes:
- Shopping for basic necessities, for example, food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
- One form of exercise a day, for example, a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household.
- Any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape the risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
- Travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.
Going for a Run
If you are able to and it is within the government advised activity, get your running shoes on and get out, here are some things to think about:-
- Vary your route: Try a new route where there is more space and greenery so you can minimise contact with others.
- Social distancing: Remember to maintain your 2-metre physical distancing from others (more if possible), this will mean crossing the road to avoid making contact with others. If you are passing from behind let the other person know you are passing.
- Greet your fellow runners: Wave to people you see outside – making sure you are 2 metres away and if you are further away – maybe across the park or the other side of the road say Hi!
Cardiff Met Cardiff 10K on Sunday 6 September 2020
As of now with 158 days – just over 22 weeks to go until race day, the Cardiff 10k 2020 will take place on Sunday 6 Sept. We are monitoring the government updates and will update you if anything changes. Remember just like stormy weather this will pass, and we will get through it by looking out for our friends, family, neighbours and colleagues. Where possible please be kind. Keep in touch with us through our social feeds and above all stay safe and well.
Best wishes, your Cardiff 10K team – Powered by Kidney Wales